html> littlemushroomcap: Jack Attack Update + Tips on saving Thread

Jack Attack Update + Tips on saving Thread

Lilys QuiltsHi!

Finally I am done with my Jack Attack quilt top! If you want to make one, come and join.. Great tutorial here at Lily's Quilt.

Guess what?.. it's my biggest quilt so far (well not exactly done yet -but quilt top is done..LOL). This is my third quilt top finished ever since I learned how to quilt...

so I am feeling pretty good.. ehem.. please pardon me :P

My Jack Attack quilt top measures 68 x 95"

Jack Attack Quilt Top Done!

Jack Attack Quilt Top Done! 2

Not such a good photo - it is too big for our little apartment floor.. I'll definitely will be taking it outdoor once it is quilted and bound.

Another thing to share... Lately I have been wasting a lot of thread as I have not used the chain piecing method for this Jack.. it requires more thinking and placing before you can just sew it up..

...and it just so happen I found this trick here user "spider" to save threads!.. So I put my little spidy to use. But instead of using scraps, I use my Scrap Vomit 2.5" squares. Which means I am piecing two quilt top at the same time..It totally saves a ton of thread and no more mess with threads lying around the carpet floor too! Such a great method..

Using Spider technique to save thread!
Using Spider technique to save thread! 2

Well yesterday I said I want to share my modern baby quilt today, well its done, but I wanna take better photo. So I'll do that first and do another post okay..

Till then, Have a great week ahead! It's Labour Day on Monday here in Australia - so it's a long weekend.. but it felt short - yikes today is already the last day of September!

Linking up to Sew Darn Crafty at Sew Many Ways


XOXO

Labels: , ,